801 North Saint Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
This conference is focused on issues concerning all fur-bearing animals, particularly the exploitation and cruelty of fur farms, wool and leather production, “harvesting” of wildlife (hunting, trapping, penning, etc). It will also explore other areas of animal exploitation including vivisection, puppy mills, animals in entertainment, horse slaughter, animals for food.
Attention will be given to individuals and groups dedicated to the care of and advocating for fur-bearing animals; farmed, domestic, or wild. Also of interest are issues relating to the environment, which directly affects all living beings on our planet, our air, our food and water, which are seriously compromised by chemicals and pollution caused by animal exploiting industries like factory farms.
This exciting conference offers a new view and approach to animal rights advocacy and leadership, as it is also designed for grassroots activists and organizations, namely:
• to provide a forum for those who rarely have an opportunity to speak to large audiences about the work they do;
• to create a platform for grassroots activists that focuses on: “Reviving the Animal Rights Movement: Effective Grass Roots Activism.” A New View and Approach to Animal Rights Advocacy and Leadership.
AFS Conference Highlights Include:
• Over 20 outstanding national and international speakers, leaders in the field of animal rights
• Opportunities to meet and network with people of like-mind during and after the conference
• Ground-breaking animal rights films, some never before seen by the public
• Opportunities to chat with animal rights authors, artists, filmmakers.
• Provocative and informative presentations and panels on fur bearing animals, and many other animal rights issues: animals killed for food and clothing; “disposable” pets, hunting for “sport”, lobbying for animals, knowing your legal rights and more.
• Vegan Banquet and Reception with surprise guests, entertainment and silent auction
• Vegan breakfast buffet, lunches, reception and banquet included in full registration VIEW REGISTRATION