The aim of the Veggie Pride march is to bring veg*ans together to demonstrate publicly in order that everyone of them become a spokeperson of the animals’ cause instead of remaining unnoticed.
In order to do this we encourage them to express their pride in being veg*an, to join the fight against prejudice against veg*ans and to defend their rights as citizens. In effect, the oppression of non-human animals is also a violation of the rights of human beings. Amongst these are the following:
- The right to eat correctly in works canteens, in hospitals, in prison and in any other location of communal eating
- The right to impartial medical advice and information
- The right to raise our children in accordance with our convictions and that they are not marginalised as a result
- The right to refuse work that goes against our ethical convictions
- The right to respond in the media to all those who choose to criticise our way of life.